IMPORTANT CHANGES DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
Thank you for all your social distancing efforts. This is so important in halting the spread of the pandemic and allowing our NHS services to cope. In order to comply with this, we are open for booked appointments only. All requests for appointments, visits or procedures will be triaged by a GP or Nurse. Please only come to the surgery if you are invited to do so.
The e-consult tool is the preferred method of contact with your GP as you can get a direct reply back without needing to wait on the telephone.
You may drop off your prescription requests in the letter box outside the surgery still or order your prescriptions online. Please provide the surgery with a nominated chemist to send it to as you will not be able to collect prescriptions from the surgery.
Pharmacies are under immense pressure at the moment so please allow as much time as possible before collection.
- Online booking: Online bookings can be made, but patients cannot book face to face appointments. Instead you can book telephone appointments. A doctor will call you back and consider whether you need to be seen – and if so will book you into appointments directly. Please ensure that you look out for call backs as the incoming number will be a withheld number. We will endeavour to call you back as near to the appointment time as possible.
- eConsult: You can submit an electronic consultation online via the website and this will be checked by one of our doctors within 48 hours and replies will come directly back to you.
- Online access: Online access will enable you to order prescriptions directly with the practice and is a more efficient way of requesting medication - please register for this if not already.
- Contact details: Please ensure we have an up to date telephone number for you as this is the best way of contacting you.
Choice in accessing GP Services
The practice is pleased to advise you that it
GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
How to sign-up
For more information, please contact reception or next time you visit the surgery, bring with you a piece of photo ID (passport, driving licence) and something with your address on like a bank statement but not a gas or electric bill. If you don’t have these, please talk to us and we will help you sign-up